Scholarship Advice for Rollins Students
Many Rollins students have taken advantage of outside scholarship opportunities. Please keep the following in mind as you begin your scholarship search:
- There are many free scholarship search engines available. We highly recommend utilizing www.fastweb.com. This free scholarship search engine will help sort through the many outside scholarship opportunities based on your information.
- Many employers offer tuition benefits to their employees and many businesses offer scholarships (Target, Best Buy, and Tylenol to name a few). Check with your employer, your parent's employer, and places you do business with to maximize your opportunities.
- Spend time developing your essay and application for these scholarships. You can only submit your application once, so put your best foot forward!
- Begin your outside scholarship search now and adhere to scholarship deadlines.
- Be aware of scholarship scams. If in doubt or if it seems too good to be true, please contact our office and we will be happy to do further research on the potential scholarship. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) also provides helpful hints to avoid scams ( http://www.ftc.gov/scholarshipscams).
Lastly, the Financial Aid Office is here as a resource to you. Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.