Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program


What is it?

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides tuition benefits, a housing allowance, and a book allowance for veterans who meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, Rollins College is a full participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program which means that all eligible veterans (and dependents) who are admitted into any of Rollins' programs will receive enough grant aid from the Veterans Administration and Rollins College to pay the entire cost of their tuition and fees. Eligible veterans will not need to take out loans or find other funding sources for a Rollins' education.

For specific requirements, see the letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:

Am I eligible?

In general, the Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

In order to receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program, you may be eligible if:

  • You have served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and they served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001; You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

You must contact The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for certification and confirmation of your benefits. Rollins College cannot make a determination of your eligibility. For information, please visit:

When does this new program begin?

Eligible veterans may begin taking advantage of this program beginning with the Fall 2009 semester.

What steps do I need to take?

1. Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the application at

2. If you are not a current Rollins College student, contact the Admissions Office for information on how to apply.

  1. Arts & Science undergraduate students: Apply for Admission
  2. Holt undergraduate or graduate students: Apply for Admission
  3. Crummer Graduate School of Business students: Apply for Admission

3. Notify the Rollins Financial Aid Office at 407-646-2395 or at of your eligibility. Once you have received your certification from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, please mail or drop off a copy of your certification in the Financial Aid Office.