Master of Arts in Teaching Application Instructions
The master of arts in teaching program has a rolling admissions policy, and you may begin classes the semester following admission. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an area other than elementary education.
As part of the application process, you must submit:
- A completed application form
- A three-to-five page statement of your goals and reasons for wanting to become a teacher.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. An undergraduate grade-point-average of 3.0 (B) is required for admission.
- Three letters of recommendation from supervisors or instructors.
- Standardized Testing Information: A passing score on each section of the General Knowledge (GK) test is required. To register, visit www. http://www.fl.nesinc.com/. Note: Passing scores on all sections of the College-Level Academic Skills Test (CLAST), if taken before July 2002, may take the place of the GK test requirement.
- The $50 nonrefundable application fee.
For further information, contact the Graduate Studies Coordinator at (407) 646-1568 or via email at GraduateEducation@rollins.edu.