Teacher Preparation Programs
An admission committee reviews all applications and recommends action. The committee does not act until the admissions file is complete. Admission may be one of four kinds:
- Full admission for the degree or certification seeking student.
- Provisional admission pending receipt of outstanding documentation that meets the admission criteria.
- Probationary admission for students not meeting all requirements; will be reviewed after completion of six (6) hours of coursework.
- Special admission with permission to enroll in up to six (6) hours of coursework.
Note: Application and materials will remain on file for one year.
- Fall Application Deadline July 16
- Spring Application Deadline December 3
- Summer Application Deadline April 22
Florida Teacher Certification Students
- Applicants must submit the following for admission into the Teacher Education Program:
- An application form and payment of a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- A typed statement of career goals (3-5 pages).
- Three  letters of recommendation (should be submitted from supervisors or instructors).
- Official (sealed) transcripts of all undergraduate (bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year institution) and graduate study: a minimum overall Grade Point-Average of 2.5 is required.
Upon admission to the Graduate Studies in Education program, students must also apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program (Form 1S).
- Applicants seeking admission as special students for one (1) or two (2) courses must submit the following for admission as a recertification or special student:
- An application form and payment of the $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Separate official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study: a minimum overall Grade Point-Average of 2.5 is required.
- One (1) letter of recommendation (from a supervisor or instructor).
Admission must be granted or approved before a student may register for any courses. Students who have not been admitted to a degree program or a certification sequence may take classes as a special student providing they sign and submit an application for Graduate Credit Only form prior to each registration. Only six (6) hours of coursework taken as a special student may apply to a degree or certification program.