Campus Security 24/7 at 407-646-2999
- This line should be used only for true emergencies that occur when students are away from campus: serious illness, injury or accident, missing student, sexual or violent assault, criminal arrest of a student, natural disaster, flu pandemic, political unrest or terrorist attack
407-646-2439 (forwards to an IP staff cell phone)
- Only outside of regular business hours
- Only for situations requiring immediate assistance
- IF YOU NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE IT IS USUALLY BETTER TO CONTACT SOMEONE ON-SITE: YOUR PROGRAM DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATOR, FACULTY MEMBER, ETC.
- If the line is not picked up, leave a message with your contact information
- If your situation requires immediate assistance, IP staff will follow-up with you within 90 minutes
- If your situation does not require immediate assistance, your request will be addressed during regular office hours
- Examples of situations that may require immediate assistance from IP:
- Flight cancellation or delay
- Parent/guardian needing to reach a student abroad due to an emergency at home
Communicating with Rollins
- Make sure to continue checking your Rollins email account while you are away—otherwise you might miss important deadlines and information.
- Even while you’re abroad, we’re still here to help you in any way we can! Feel free to contact our office any time via phone, fax or e-mail. We are also on SKYPE, which might be an easier way to have a conversation, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to set up a SKYPE appointment.
Communicating with Home
- SKYPE: http://www.skype.com
- Penny Talk: Pennytalk.com
- There are a variety of apps for smart devices that allow you to keep in contact for free or for a small charge. Here are a few but you might want to search for others that better suit your needs: whatsapp, tango, viber...
Mango Languages offers self-paced and fun language courses available to Rollins students, faculty and staff! Check it out at
http://ezproxy.rollins.edu:2048/login?url=http://libraries.mangolanguages.com/rollins-college-olin/start (you need to copy and paste into a new window on your browser for the link to work)
(It appears that you have to log in but you do not. If you click on the “start learning” button you can bypass the login and start a language course)