Math and Computer Science at Rollins
The math and computer science department provides an educational program in which our students develop the critical-thinking, problem-solving, computational, and active-learning skills essential for responsible decision-making and a broad range of careers in a rapidly changing society.
Poke your head into any of our faculty offices and you're likely to find a student or two. They know they are always welcome—just ask them.
By combining math and computer science in one department, we can design programs in both disciplines that reinforce and complement one another. Learn more about the mathematics and computer science programs.
Between classes, students love to hang out in the sunny and inviting Bush Atrium. A cafe and plenty of student study space is available nearby.
Why Mathematics and/or Computer Science at Rollins College?
- Our small, close-knit department offers a strong, flexible curriculum in a warm and supportive environment.
- Small classes make it easy for us to give our students individual attention.
- Our combined mathematics and computer science department enables us to design programs in both disciplines that reinforce and complement one another.
- These programs include undergraduate research involving independent study courses, senior projects, and summer applied research in collaboration with department faculty.
- Our majors graduate with broader and more marketable skills, and are better prepared for graduate study should they wish to pursue it.
Student-Faculty Research Collaborations
Our department has an active research program involving students and faculty collaborating on a number of research projects over the last decade. Check out a sampling of past and recent projects →