Photo Opp: Rollins Welcomes Class of 2013
August 19, 2009
WHO: Rollins College welcomes the class of 2013. This year marks the 124th incoming class to the College.
WHAT: First-year and transfer students will begin the academic year by attending the annual Academic Convocation. The Convocation will include faculty dressed in full regalia and a welcome by senior administrators.
WHEN: Academic Convocation will be held Wednesday, August 19 at 10:30 a.m. in the Alfond Sports Center. Classes will begin Monday, August 24.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Rollins’ College of Arts & Sciences will begin the school year with a projected 1,750 students. Here are some interesting facts about the incoming class:
• Projected 460 incoming first-year students and 70 transfer students
• Incoming students were accepted from a pool of 3,000 applications
• SAT average is more than 100 points higher than 10 years ago
• Incoming class represents 345 high schools from 33 states and 17 foreign countries (45 percent of class is from Florida)
• This is the fifth year the College has offered full-paid Rollins Cornell Scholarships (there are nine recipients)
• This is the second class admitted under the Test Score Waived Option