Rollins College offers four types of living arrangements, each with a different cost. Below is a breakdown of the 2013-2014 rates (per person):
| Type of Room
|| Academic Year Cost
| Single (limited availability)
| Triple (limited availability)
| Quad (limited availability)
| Sutton Apartment
Note: Residential students (except Sutton residents) are required to purchase a Board Plan - $5,340/year. Sutton residents may purchase the voluntary meal plan- $1,990/year (this meal plan has no overhead fee and there is a 10% incentive from Dining Services).
Maymester pricing for 2012-1013 is $800 for housing and an optional meal plan is available for $250.
Further details regarding fees may be found in the student financial packet available from the College Bursar.
About Our Rooms:
- Bed Linens: For added comfort, all mattresses are "extra-long"twin size (36" x 80"). To help avoid the frustration of purchasing linens that do not fit each year the Office of Residential Life arranges with a reputable company to provide linens at a reasonable cost that are specially made for extra long mattresses. Please click the link below for linens: www.rhl.org/rol/linens.aspx
- Cable TV: The residence halls are networked for premium channel cable TV and data access.
- Candles and Incense: Devices using an open flame such as candles, camping stoves, grills, fondue pots, incense and gas lanterns are not permitted in or around the residence halls.
- Ceiling Fans and Dimmer Switches: Since all residence halls are air-conditioned, ceiling fans are unnecessary; however, a small fan is encouraged. Dimmer switches are not allowed, but students are urged to bring study lamps and power strips/surge protectors for electronic equipment.
- Cooking: Kitchen facilities for limited cooking are available in most residence halls.
- Gender Neutral Housing: Upper-class students may mutually agree to share a multiple-occupancy apartment, regardless of sex or gender identity or expression in Sutton Apartments. This allows students to base roommate choices solely on compability, unrestricted by sex. Click here for more information about this housing option.
- Halogen Lamps: Halogen floor lamps are not permitted as they pose a severe fire safety risk due to the intense heat generated by the high wattage bulb.
- Insurance: Students are encouraged to provide insurance for personal property or make sure they are covered under their family's homeowner's policy. The College is not liable for damages to or theft/loss of personal property, for the failure or interruption of utilities, or for injury to persons in the room. For your convenience, National Student Services, Inc. is the premier student personal property insurance provider in the United States.
- Lofts: Most furniture provided in the residence hall rooms is loftable; however, Residential Life staff members are not allowed to loft the furniture for you. Additionally, all furniture will need to remain in the room during the year.
- Lounge Furniture: Lounges are furnished for students and their guests. Please help to keep them in good condition.
- Painting: Students are not permitted to paint their rooms.
- Pets: Except for fish in small aquariums, pets are not permitted inside any residence hall.
- Refrigerators: Apartment style refrigerators not exceeding 4.5 cubic feet are permitted.
- Room Furniture: Students are responsible for maintaining all room furnishings in check-in condition and all furniture must remain within the room.
- Room Changes: Room changes must be discussed with your roommate and approved by your Hall Director. Room/roommate changes will begin after the second full week of classes of any semester.
- Security: All residence halls are locked 24 hours a day. Students should not prop doors or lend keys/IDs to non-students. Lost or stolen keys and IDs should be reported immediately to the Office of Residential Life. There is a fee to replace keys and IDs.
- Smoking: Florida Clean Indoor Air Act (s.386.205-209 and 386.211) stipulates that there be no smoking in any educational facility in the state. This includes residence hall rooms. Therefore, all buildings owned, leased or operated by Rollins College are smoke-free.
- Storage: Rollins does not provide storage for personal belongings. Storage of cardboard boxes is prohibited by the Winter Park Fire Marshall. Summer storage is not available on campus.
- Wall Hangings: Masking/Painter's tape and white putty (available in most office supply stores) are the only approved means to hang items on the wall.
- Washers and Dryers: For your convenience, laundry machines will be provided at no additional cost.
- Wireless Internet: Wireless internet is available in all residence halls at no additional cost.