XLong bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, closet or wardrobe, and blinds
** We strongly recommend HE (high-efficiency) type liquid detergent. All the major brands make it and it is specifically formulated for the front load washers.
***Contact your roommate and arrange who will bring what of the bigger items in the room.
You can ship belongings at any time to the College before your arrival. Send the items to the following address:
Residence Hall and Room Number
1000 Holt Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789
• Cooking equipment with an exposed heating coil or which does not shut off automatically (toaster ovens, hot plates, woks, steam cookers, deep fryers, electric skillets, gas or charcoal grills, etc.)
• Halogen lamps, electric heaters, or candles and incense (even if just for “decoration”)
• Extension cords and multi-plug extenders/outlets
• Answering machines and caller ID machines (voice mail is provided)
• Ceiling fans
• Weapons of any kind including handguns, rifles, shotguns, firearms, knives, darts, archery equipment, B-B guns, fireworks, or anything that could be mistaken for one of these
• Decorative alcohol container collections
• Animals or pets (fish are the only animals allowed in student rooms)
• Aquariums over 10 gallons
• Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances or paraphernalia
• Irreplaceable personal items or items of great value
• Students are allowed to decorate their room in any way that does not permanently alter the room (i.e. using posters, rugs, plants, etc.)
• Large cloth objects (fishnet, parachutes, flags, etc.) and posters are not permitted to be hung from or across the ceiling for fire safety reasons.
• Students are not permitted to dismantle any College furniture, attach anything permanently to the walls, ceiling, or doors (including lofts, bunk beds, bookcases, wallpaper, and glued corkboards); paint walls or baseboards; trim furnishings, doors or anything metal.
• Double-sided foam mounting tape is prohibited due to ensuing damage to walls and doors (painter's tape is recommended).
• Students are not permitted to modify their room in any way that includes installing wallpaper, wallpaper borders or contact paper on walls or fixtures within the room.
• Students cannot hang anything from ceiling pipes or electrical conduits.
• A fine may be assessed if a room contains an extreme number of nail holes, tape scars, cracked plaster, etc. from mounting posters, plaques, pictures, etc. on the wall.
• Wood paneling, bookshelves, etc. may not be attached to room walls.
• Large string lights that produce heat are not allowed.
• Room doors may be decorated but room numbers must remain visible. Exit lights and fire extinguishers must always remain visible.
• Fire doors must remain free of paper and any obstruction at all times.
• Nothing may be hung from or in the way of fire alarm equipment.
• Nothing may be hung outside of the window in a resident's room.
• No live or previously live greenery (Christmas trees, garland, etc.) except regular house plants are allowed in either rooms or lobbies within the halls.
• Decorations in common areas as well as in residents' rooms must not interfere with emergency exiting at any time.