What is SESi?
SESi is a way of thinking. It's about approaching societal inequities and inadequacies with innovation to develop creative and sustainable solutions. Whether we are passionate about bringing social change to the environment, poverty, education, immigration, healthcare, human rights or any large-scale challenge, SESi believes true solutions must begin with a deep understanding of the issue. Once there is a clear understanding of history, systems and shaping SESi is located in Warren 108
factors, SESi problem-solving
includes the following elements.
- Disruptive nature. An innovative solution is a game changer. It springs from the very core of a problem, system or structure and tries things a different way. It displaces past precedent and the status quo to bring greater affordability, accessibility and long-term success.
- Inclusivity. Real problems are complex, diverse and deep...and so must be their solutions. Effective resolution collaborates across sectors, cultures and comfortable boundaries to guarantee an authentic and effective approach.
- Self-sustainability. For something to have lasting impact, its design should be economically and ecologically self-sustaining, long-term and efficient.
- Scalability. Global change is not a one-man, one-woman or one-organization job. In order to truly impact society, an idea must have the ability to be replicated and applied on a greater scale.
- Creativity. True entrepreneurship involves a level of ingenuity that ventures down uncharged paths and explores unique possibilities.