Section Menu

Application Guide

Top 10 Transfer FAQs

From minimum requirements to how to schedule a visit and interview, here are answers to the most frequently asked transfer student questions.

A transfer student is an incoming student who has attended a regionally accredited college post-high school. 
Learn More: Admission Requirements

Rollins does not have specific minimum admission requirements, but to be a competitive applicant you should have achieved a cumulative grade point average equivalent to a B or better in a rigorous program of study at a two- or four-year college or university. While the quality of your collegiate academic record is the most important factor in our decisions, the Admission Committee also reviews your secondary school record, standardized test scores, academic recommendations, and your potential to contribute to and benefit from the Rollins community.

While you do not need to have an Associate of Arts (AA) degree to transfer, all students who enter Rollins with a completed AA degree from an accredited school in the United States will be able to take advantage of Rollins’ participation Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF) Articulation Agreement.

The Office of the Registrar determines what courses will transfer after the Office of Admission has accepted a transfer student. Evaluations will be mailed to accepted students within one to two weeks of a student’s acceptance to Rollins. The Office of the Registrar will only determine courses for general transfer credit and courses that fulfill Rollins’ General Education Requirements.
Learn More: Transfer Credit Process

All transfer students need to submit high school transcripts. Transfer students can submit their test scores or opt for the test-score waived option.

If you did not attend or finish high school, then you will have to submit an official copy of your GED in lieu of a high school transcript.

For students that have previously applied to Rollins and did not matriculate, complete the Reactivation Form.

What if I previously attended Rollins and I want to return? If you were previously enrolled at Rollins and have been away for less than one academic calendar year, you will want to contact the Dean of Students at 407-646-2345 about readmission. However, for previously enrolled students gone more than one academic calendar year, please complete the Continuing / Returning Application for Admission.

If you already have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in pursuing another, the second degree must be in a field that is completely separate from your first bachelor’s degree. Qualified applicants are only loan eligible. Complete the Special Student Application for Admission application (PDF). Contact Lindsay Clark at or 407-646-2161 for more information on requirements. You can also visit the Office of the Registrar.

Rollins welcomes applications from candidates seeking admission as a transient, guest, or special student if they intend to take courses for credit and are not degree-seeking candidates. You are limited to a maximum of two courses per term and are eligible to take these courses on a space-available basis. Admission is granted for one term only. Students who wish to continue their study in this status must make a formal request for readmission for each consecutive term. Qualified applicants are only loan eligible, and must be enrolled at least half-time (six credit hours). Complete the Special Student Application for Admission application (PDF). Contact Lindsay Clark at or 407-646-2161 for more information on requirements.

Any student that submits a foreign college/university transcript is responsible for having these transcripts sent through an evaluation service for translation. Josef Silny & Associates and World Education Services are the ones that Rollins uses for evaluation services.

You can call our Visitor Liaison at 407-646-1573 and she will be happy to assist you or schedule a visit online right now. We look forward to seeing you soon!