Section Menu

Full-Time Undergraduate Admission

Transferring Credit

Learn more about transferring credit to Rollins as a first-year or transfer student.

First-Year Students

Advanced Credit or Course Exemptions

To receive credit for college-level courses already completed, you must send official examination results or official college transcripts directly to the Office of Student Records as soon as possible, as such credit will affect your first-term course assignments. Credit cannot be issued until official documents are received. Rollins grants credit for the following:

College Credit
Dual-enrollment courses sponsored by a regionally accredited college or university completed with grades of "C" or better are evaluated on a course-by-course basis and may be used to satisfy certain general education curriculum requirements.

Advanced Placement (AP)
Each score of four (4) or five (5) on the College Board's AP Exams is worth four (4) semester hours of academic credit. Credit earned through AP only exempts students from the following general education requirements: The writing requirement (AP English Language & Composition or AP English Literature & Composition) and the quantitative requirement (AP Statistics). 
Learn More

International Baccalaureate (IB)
Students with an IB diploma and a score of 30 or better will be awarded one year (32 semester hours) of credit. Students without the diploma and a score of less than 30 will be awarded eight (8) semester hours for each higher level score of five (5) or better and four (4) semester hours for each score of four (4) or better (on a higher or subsidiary level) to a maximum of 24 semester hours. General education credit will be awarded as appropriate. Advanced placement will be awarded for major courses, subject to departmental approval. Students who present both IB and AP work in the same subject area will not be awarded double credit. 
Learn More

CAPE Credit
Each score of one (1) or two (2) on most CAPE Examinations is worth four (4) semester hours of academic credit. Credit earned through CAPE examinations does not exempt students from any of the general education curriculum requirements.
Learn More

British system or G.S.E.
Most "A"-level examinations with graded of "C" or better are eligible for credit (please contact the Office of Student Records).

Transfer Students

General Education Requirements & Evaluation Process

Transfer students must meet all general education curriculum and major requirements to earn a Rollins College degree. The Office of Student Records reviews and evaluates courses taken at other institutions and determines courses/credit to be accepted and any general education requirements those courses fulfill. Students who enter Rollins College ready to declare their major program of study may request a major course evaluation from the Office of Student Records.

  • In the evaluation of transfer credit, four (4) semester hours equals one Rollins course.
  • Transfer credit is awarded only for coursework taken at regionally accredited institutions.
  • Transfer credit is not awarded for courses with a grade below ‘C-,’ courses taken by mail, or coursework not typically offered in a liberal arts college.
  • No more than the equivalent of 64 semester hours of credit are accepted from a two-year institution.
  • Students with 60 semester hours of credit enter Rollins College with junior standing, but may need additional time to fulfill the requirements of specific majors.
  • Rollins College participates in an articulation agreement between the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF) and the Florida Division of Community Colleges and Workforce Development. Through this participation, students who enter Rollins with a completed Associate of Arts (AA) degree from a regionally accredited community college or state college and transfer a total of 60 semester hours will matriculate with junior standing.
  • Transfer credits/hours must meet the same standards and program requirements as those for native Rollins students.
  • As part of the College’s participation in the ICUF Articulation Agreement, General Education Curriculum Requirements are waived for students with an AA degree from a regionally accredited community college or state college as well.
  • Upper-level writing reinforcement and oral communication requirements, both part of the College’s general education curriculum, are infused into one or more upper-level courses within each major course of study.
  • Once admitted to full-time degree status, students must complete at least 70 semester hours in the College (including Rollins or Rollins-affiliated off-campus courses, but excluding Hamilton Holt School courses).
  • Moreover, students must be enrolled full-time during the last two (2) consecutive semesters (excluding summer terms).
  • Students must complete a minimum of 140 semester hours of academic work, of which at least sixty-four (64) semester hours must be outside a single department prefix.
  • All students must complete a minimum of 16 semester hours that are not used to meet either a general education curriculum or major requirement.